Weighted Hula Hoop

11:15 AM

EXTRA! EXTRA!
Read all about it!

It's St. Patricks Day. The luck of the Irish. The day that pub bars have a reason to serve green beer. The day you wear GREEN or else be prepared to be pinched. Ouch! The day all the bars in NYC are probably going to be open till 5 am as usual. My friend Juan asked, "hmmm, do you think all the AA meetings are going to be cancelled today?" hahaha. What a nerd.

I love how my boyfriend knows how to make me laugh and smile without really trying. Especially when I'm not having such a good day or my mood is just not up to par. I don't know, what can I say? "It's just one of them days.." (as Monica sings it.) But whatever the case may be, he knows how to always make me feel better and turn my frown into a smile.

Do you see this picture? He is so silly. He always does this. Sneaking up behind me while I'm trying to take a picture of myself. Then when I look at my camera, guess who's sneaking their face in my photo!?! Sneaky Tricky. Well, it's okay. He definitely knows how to make my day. Now everytime I see this photo, I laugh everytime. =)


Happy St. Patty's Day....
or should I say....
Happy St. paTricky day?


Guess what came in the mail yesterday? Don't laugh at me now. It's my weighted Hula Hoop! I told my boyfriend I wanted to work out in the morning before I go to work. I still go to the gym after work for about an hour with my friend Jonathan who trains me. He's an awesome trainer by the way. But I wanted to start my day with something different. My boyfriend suggested for me to dance for at least 15 minutes. But I do that all the time (or at least when he's not looking, lol). He just doesn't know it yet. I like to blast the radio when no ones home and dance away. Hip hop, hula dancing, you name it. I even do pilates and yoga. But I wanted to switch it up a bit.

So my boyfriend bought me a weighted hula hoop off Ebay. I was a little skeptical at first, but one of our friends has one and she said she's lost weight using it. Besides, her results are proof. She's gone down around 6 pant sizes within 6 months. But don't get me wrong, you still have to eat right. You can't expect any type of workout to do you justice if you don't. Luckily, Tricky and I eat at home 90% of the time. Oh, have I mentioned what an awesome cook he is? Wait, let me rephrase that. Have I mentioned what an awesome chef he is? Yes he is. My favorite so far that he makes is Japanese Style Steak & Shrimp.
Wait! What? I'm getting off track. I'm suppose to be talking about working out, not eating. LOL. Back to the hula hoop topic.
I can't tell you if it works for me just yet since I just got it yesterday. But i'm going to measure my waist area, use the hula hoop for about a month, then give you an update on my results. But what I can tell you so far is, it's not that easy. You might be thinking to yourself while looking at the pictures "oh that's easy, that's not going to give you a workout". Yes I know. I thought the same thing. You would think it would be easy for me especially since I do hula dancing. But it's not! It weighs 5 pounds and for that reason, you really have to move your body to keep it up and moving. I can barely have it up and around 10 times before it falls. It comes in colorful pieces that you connect together to form into a Gay-Pride looking hula hoop. haha. The inner part of the hoop has ridges and as you're hooping it actually massages and breaks up the fat around your waste. (well, that's if you have any). It's a little uncomfortable at first because it really kneeds into you. I actually broke a little sweat trying to do this. lol. How sad is that? Oh well, give me a month and I'll let you know how it goes.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin