DIY: Duct Tape Burlesque Pasties12:45 AM
My friend Krystal and I had an Arts & Crafts night at my house making Burlesque Pasties out of Duct Tape. My friend Evelyn likes to call them "Titty Tassles" lol
We were inspired in making them after one of my friends, Gigi La Femme (who is also a famous Burlesque dancer) gave our friend Greg some pasties for his birthday as a joke.
If you follow me on Facebook, you might have seen pictures of Gigi La Femme before. Not only is she a famous burlesque dancer, but she is also Miss Coney Island 2010 here in New York. I did her makeup for a photoshoot this summer (picture to the right). The photographer is one of the best photographers out there, Greg Brophy. You have to check out his amazing work here. His gallery has an array of goodies from Burlesque dancers, beautiful scenery, etc. He even has shot with several celebrities such as singers Kelis and Nelly Furtado just to name a few. Working with Greg is always a joy.
Also, if you live in New York or plan on visiting for vacation, you definitely have to check out one of Gigi La Femme's shows. Amazing show! It's totally worth going. It's fun to watch, funny and entertaining as well. Just check out the Wassabassco Burlesque dancers in the link here
As for the pasties...Krystal and I had so much fun making them. I made the Ladybug and Zebra print with the bows. Krystal made the Orange blossoms, Zebra print with a rose bud and Mr & Mrs. Pacman. Aren't they so cute?
I have a variety of duct tape colors and patterns as you can see below. I have been making so many things out of duct tape which I will be uploading pictures shortly of more creations to come.
You can buy really fun colorful and patterned duct tape here: http://amzn.to/2c9XwKd
There is 2 different ways you can DIY Burlesque Pasties. I've broken down the 2 methods below:
1. If you want to be super DIY, then you can cut out 2 circles from cereal boxes (which is what we did).
2. Cut a slit on your cardboard circle only up to the center.
3. Overlap the slit and glue it down to create slight cone shape.
4. Now the fun part. Start decorating your pasties with duct tape however way you choose. Get creative and do what your little heart desires.
5. You can use either use Double-Sided Fashion Tape to adhere these pasties to your nips or a piece of duct tape.
1. You can use reusable self-adhesive Silicone Nipple Covers. They come in different shapes from round shaped, petals, heart shape, etc
2. Decorate it with duct tape and have fun!
Silicone Nipple Petal Coverups