It's Raining, It's Pouring...

6:45 PM


It's raining,
it's pouring,
the old man is snoring....


It's been raining like crazy here in New York all day long. I was awakened by the roaring thunder around 5am that I couldn't go back to sleep. It hasn't stopped raining since.the morning and it's almost 10pm. Isn't it suppose to be summer?

I'm getting emails from friends and family back home in California with messages like:

-"It's nice and sunny out here in California, how's the weather in NY?"
-"We're heading to the beach."

Nope, it's definitely not beach weather yet. The one day when my boyfriend and I were contemplating on going to the beach....minutes later it started to rain. This past weekend, my boyfriend and I went to Central Park and minutes later we were running under trees for shelter from the rain. But as difficult as the weather has been during the summer, I'm okay with that. I'm still learning the weather here. I have to live in NY for the entire 12 months to understand the weather here. What may be summer in California is definitely not the same summer in New York. So that I'm still learning.

But I'm enjoying the change. So as the rain continues, I'm just enjoying myself while dunking my chocolate chip cookies in some warm milk. I love New

You Might Also Like

1 comments

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin