Day After Hurricane Irene in NYC

8:33 AM



There was a huge anticipation as well as a preparation for Hurricane Irene in NYC. The city that never sleeps actually was shut down. All the subways, buses and transit were shut down which has only been shut down 2 other times in history...once during the 9/11 tragedy of World Trade Center and the second time was during the MTA Strike.

I woke up the next day to take some footage around the city (shown above). However, the next day most of the water had subsided and all that Irene left was fallen trees. Based on my video some people who do not live in New York made comments such as "oh that wasn't that bad."
So I thought I would show you pictures as well "during" the Hurricane as well as "after." It might have not been "that bad" as some might say, but to be honest, I'm glad it wasn't. I'm glad that New York was as prepared or over prepared because it's better to be safe than sorry.

Besides, Hurricane Irene did not devastate anything but our patience. We are New Yorkers. We are resilient, so we move on with life.






You Might Also Like

1 comments

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin