R.I.P. Agnes Edith Duffy

10:18 AM



Agnes "Edith" Duffy
Dec 22, 1927 - April 27, 2009


My grandma, Agnes "Edith" Duffy on my step-dad's side passed away last week April 27, 2009 with cancer and pneumonia.

I found out through a text message late at night around 2:00am when I was just waking up for something to drink. It saddens me that I wasn't able to be there for my family being that I'm all the way in New York and my family is in California.

I know grandma Edith wasn't too happy about me moving to New York when I broke the news to her last Thanksgiving. She didn't want me to be so far away from the family. But I assured her I would be back this Christmas...and with that statement that just makes me sad that I won't be seeing her this Christmas afterall. Her funeral was yesterday and my mom was the one that organized it so I'm sure it turned out perfect. I know this is part of life's process but I can't help but feel bad at the same time...especially for Edith's husband, Paul. They were together every waking day and I can't imagine how he's feeling right now. I can only be empathetic, understanding and supportive.

My mom put together a slideshow of pictures of Edith's timeline. My mom's really great at capturing and retaining memories. I guess that's where I get it from.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin