My Passion: Video Editing

6:00 AM

When I first moved to New York, I was offered a job with a University in the field of video editing and web design. I create video tutorials that deliver a message and educate people out there all under 2 minutes or less. Something that could be so confusing to explain in a lecture, I can resolve that problem through a simple video. I help educate the faculty along with the students and it makes life a little bit easier. My videos will be available to view soon on iTunes and when that time comes I will let you know.
"Some say that a picture speaks a 1,000 words,
but I say a video SCREAMS."
Video editing is my passion and it was something I discovered by accident when I became very ill for a long period of time with pneumonia. I was bedridden for nearly 5 months and the only thing that kept me company during that time was laptop. As I lay ill in bed, I took advantage of the time to teach myself how to edit my very first video and I've loved doing it since then.


I'm very blessed to work with a prestigous University and to have a wonderful boss. I can honestly say that I look forward to coming to work, which I can never take for granted especially during this financial crisis that the economy is undergoing. As millions were losing their jobs daily, I was blessed to still have a door open for me....and for that, I thank God. I can never be thankful enough for what has been bestowed upon me. I pray that those who have lost their jobs will soon be able to get back on their feet and working.


Even after work, I still research more about video editing and like admiring the work of others. I pay close attention to details and if I like the video enough, I make the extra effort to contact and compliment the editor. It takes a lot of time and energy to edit just one video and I don't think people realize that. Sometimes, for a video that's only 2 minutes long, it could take you several hours to even a few days to complete editing. So with that in the back of my mind I always make efforts to reach out. Besides, It's nice to get feedback from people. It also lets you know that people are actually watching your stuff and you're not just wasting your time.


So today, I was looking for some baking recipes. I was trying to get an idea on what I wanted to bake this week with my boyfriend. I stumbled across this video tutorial below about how to bake chocolate chip cookies. I was in love with the creation of the video that I forgot to pay attention to the recipe. LOL. I was already breaking down the video and the creation of it, the music choice, the lighting, the framing, etc. I guess that's just me being an editor. haha. As I was admiring the work of the video so much, all I was thinking was,"WHO MADE THIS VIDEO?"



After doing my research, I found out that the creator of the Chocolate Chip Recipe video is by Atelier Transfert, a vendor that creates video tutorials for businesses. It has done wonders for Kathy Maister, a home economic teacher who loved teaching people who never knew how to cook to now say, "I can start cooking," hence her website, StartCooking.com. After working with Atelier Transfert, her cooking tutorial videos became so successful that currently it's #1 in most subscribed for podcasts for cooking.

I checked out more about this vendor, Atelier Transfert and other work that they have accomplished. (see below) They even had videos on behind the scenes on the making of a video which I thought was awesome and just had to show it to you. Watch. Enjoy. Appreciate.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin