Cosmetic Database

10:14 AM


Have you ever looked at the ingredients of the cosmetics you purchase and have a hard time pronouncing them let alone have an idea what it is? Well if so, then you might want to keep reading...

There is this website that I found out through one of my beauty friends, Charmaine.
The website is called
Skin Deep. (www.cosmeticdatabase.com)

This website is a great tool to take advantage of because as scary as it sounds, companies are allowed to use almost any ingredient they wish, and our government doesn't require companies to test products for safety before they're sold. Environmental Working Group of scientists built Skin Deep to be a one-of-a-kind resource, integrating an in-house collection of personal care product ingredient listings with more than 50 toxicity and regulatory databases.


How it works:

1.) Search for either: Cosmetic Brands, Ingredients, and/or Products (see picture for example)
2.) Once you search the item that you're looking for, you'll be provided a long list of ingredients.
3.) A definition of each ingredient is explained and any possible toxicities it may cause, such as: cancer, allergies, violations, etc.
4.) Each ingredient will be rated as score to show any level of hazardness, for example:

- Items Rated 0-2 = low hazard
- Items Rated 3-6 = moderate hazard
- Items Rated 7-10 = high hazard


I am always conscientious of the type of products that I use on my face after experience of working with my mom in her Beauty Day Spa. My mom has her esthetician license and through her I learned a lot of damages that certain products can do to your face. So I thought that this was a great website for everyone to know about. =)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin