Facebook Privacy Settings

7:32 PM

I just found out through a Facebook friend, that....
"As of today, there is a new privacy setting called "Instant Personalization" that shares data with non-facebook websites and it is automatically set to "Allow." Please read what this will do, some folks might want the new web experience but I do not.

I read more about it on Facebook's FAQ and according to Facebook, it says:

"
We're [Facebook is] working with select partners to enable a personal and social experience the moment you arrive on their websites. When you're logged in to Facebook, these sites can personalize your experience using your public Facebook information."

I don't know about you....but I don't need anyone helping me out or personalizing my experience on Facebook.

I went ahead and did some screen shots to help with the process.















Go to Account - Privacy Settings - Applications and Websites
















The box "Allow" will be checked. You want to uncheck this box to not allow.

















Once you uncheck the "allow" box, you will be prompted to this message...you want to click on "Confirm"

















Now your "Allow" box should be unchecked as shown.







You Might Also Like

3 comments