SPF Products

9:00 AM

All of my friends who know me best know that I LOVE going to the beach and being in the sun. But of course, being exposed to the sun can be very damaging to your skin if you don't protect yourself. I am always protecting my skin on a daily basis. It amazes me when I find out that there are so many people that I know personally who do not moisturize nor protect their skin. One person even said, "Come on. Who has the money to spend on all these things for the face? By the time you make it through the register with your beauty routine, you'll be in debt until you're retired." Haha. Well, all I can say is that my grandma and my mom would always tell me since I was little..."you might not see wrinkles or damage now, but if you don't protect your skin now, you will see it when you get older and you will regret that you never took care of your skin when you were younger." I can tell you that I never forgot that and it's a daily reminder to me. So if you think protecting your skin is not worth spending money on...then you should probably stop reading the rest of this blog entry. But if you are concerned of your skin...then continue reading. =)

Some people think that the only time you wear SPF protection is when you only go to the beach. WRONG! It is in your best interest to wear some kind of SPF protection everyday. SPF does not only come in a form of sunblock or sunscreen lotion. It also comes in daily moisturizer, foundation, face powder, etc.

But first, what is SPF? It's an acronym which stands for "Sun Protection Factor." It's mainly a measure of UVB protection and ranges from 1 to 45 or above. A sunscreen with an SPF of 15 filters 92% of the UVB. In other words, a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 will delay the onset of a sunburn in a person who would otherwise burn in 10 minutes to burn in 150 minutes. The SPF 15 sunscreen allows a person to stay out in the sun 15 times longer.

Here are a few things that I use that has SPF. Do keep in mind, these products work for my skin type so this is my personal preference. I am a big fan of Oil of Olay and have been using it for years. My grandma had been using Oil of Olay all her life and she had such beautiful skin even up till her 70's.

1.) Oil of Olay Regenerist Cream.
You can actually get this by the bulk at Costco. This is my daily moisturizer. It has SPF 15. I like the texture of this because it doesn't leave your skin feeling oily. It has a velvety feel to it. When you put it on your skin it feels as though the texture changes from cream to powder. I use this everyday and I find it to be useful on hot summer days.


2.) Oil of Olay Complete Daily Moisturizer.
This contains SPF 30 and Vitamin E. I use it when I plan to be out in the sun longer than usual.

3.) I.D. Bare Minerals.
This contains SPF 15. My mom actually carried this makeup line at her Day Spa and it was very popular. There are so many copy cat products that tries to mimic Bare Minerals and that claim to be "all natural." But when you really read the ingredients, they have so many un-natural ingredients. So I'd rather stay to the original and spend the extra money to protect my skin. Not only does it protect my skin but the coverage looks so natural it almost gives you and airbrushed look. But if you are the type that likes heavy coverage, I wouldn't recommend this. I don't really wear foundation, but I like to wear powder sometimes so I'll wear this. This is so natural that if you were to fall asleep with it on, you wouldn't have to worry about pimples or damage caused to your face.

4.) Banana Boat Sun Wear Faces.
This contains SPF 30 and I wear this when I'm going to the beach. It's a sunscreen so I can still maintain a tan while protecting my skin.

Hopefully this helps!

=)

You Might Also Like

1 comments