Animal Mini-Marathon

5:02 AM

It's early in the morning, about 8:03am and I figured I'd get a head start to see what I could do today with my boyfriend. I checked my email and I get an odd invitation to the "Club Animals Mini-Marathon" for today, Feb 21 at 4pm...and the best part, it's FREE!

You're probably wondering (like I did) what is Club Animals Mini-Marathon? Good Question.
Well, in a nutshell, turns out two people named Ryder Ripps and Nate Hill came up with a weird idea one night while drunk at a bar. They started asking the "what if" questions. Questions such as: "what if we dress up in animal costumes and race around Union Square?”
Let's just say that wasn't a "what if" question because apparently these two decided to turn their absurd idea into reality. So today at 4pm, these two (probably with many others) will be running around Union Square 4 laps while dressed up as silly cartoon animals. I guess it's their way to bring cheer to the faces who watch them. (see video below)
You can see further details on their blog at: http://clubanimalsnyc.blogspot.com/

I'm telling you, only in New York would you see this. Not something I can recall ever seeing in California. =)



You Might Also Like

1 comments