Hair & Makeup Competition

6:26 PM

I entered into my 1st Hair & Makeup Competion on YouTube where you can actually win prizes. I've been wanting to make a video for a while about makeup but never got around to doing it. So this competition gave me a reason to do it. (video of competition below).

I've had my eyes on this eyeshadow palette from Coastal Scents for the longest time. In fact, I've tried ordering from them but they were sold out during the holidays. It's a palette of 88 beautiful colors. Believe me, after having a palette with all the colors of the rainbows you won't have to waste your money continuously buying eye shadows everywhere else (unless you want to.)
The colors are pigmented and gives MAC a run for their money. Don't get me wrong, I love MAC and own a lot of their products. But it can get a little costly spending $15 just for 1 eye shadow from MAC when you can get 88 different vibrant colors of Coastal Scents eye shadow for $24.95 That's a steal! Hmmmm....what would you prefer? Take your pick.

Well, for me personally I'm more concerned of the consistency, pigmentation, and durability than I am of the brand name. Because to me, the makeup doesn't make me look good. It's ME that makes the makeup look good. What i'm trying to say is, anyone can take a brush and eye shadow and start going to town on their face. But if you don't know what the heck you're doing, you might just create a tragedy. No brand name can save you there.


"352 Eye shadows!?!"
There's a funny story behind all this though. My boyfriend is so cute. The day I submitted my video for the contest, he went online and ordered me the Coastal Scent 88 Original Palette as a surprise. Remind you, there is 88 eyeshadows within one palette. I had mentioned that if I won the palette, that it would last me a lifetime. As soon as I said that, he said, "Oops, I think I made a mistake then." I asked him what his mistake was. He said he wanted to surprise me so he bought me the palette. "Ahhh, babe that was so sweet, but how is that a mistake?" I asked him. He said, "Well, I read a review saying the size of the eye shadows were the size of a dime, so I figured since it was so small that you would run out fast. So I ordered you FOUR different palettes." OMG!!! HAHAHA....I started laughing so hard. That means, 88 x 4 = 352 eye shadows!! LOL That's amazing! That's a number close to how many days of the year. I can wear a color for each day of the year practically. LOL He is so funny. I love him. I might just have a slumber party with my girlfriends one night and do makeovers just for that. LOL I'm pretty sure my girlfriends wouldn't disagree there.
Well, I didn't end up winning the contest after all. To be honest i'm okay with that. You know why? Because I have 352 eye shadows now! I can't complain there. LOL
I included my video for you to see, as well as a link to the winner that was picked over me. Even if I didn't win, I still had fun doing it anyways.


The winner that was chosen on YouTube is Vargfemme.
Here is a link to her video:

You Might Also Like

1 comments